K-12 Foreign Language Technology Program
The K-12 FLTP at a Glance
The K-12 Foreign Language Technology Program is a series of Saturday workshops dedicated to technology integration in the secondary foreign language classroom. All workshops are held on the CU Boulder campus in Hellems, room 152. There are eight daylong workshops offered every other academic year. The program is offered during the 2013-2014 academic year and then again in 2015-2016.
Teachers are welcome to attend as many or as few Saturday workshops as they wish. To obtain the certificate of completion and the recommendation letter, teachers must attend eight full Saturdays (6 Saturday workshops + 2 Saturday portfolio intensives). There are no partial credits for attending part of a Saturday. Teachers may complete the K-12 FLTP by attending all eight workshops in a given year or they may take more than one academic year to complete all of the requirements.
- Workshops are hands-on, project based and taught by experienced language technologists.
- After each workshop, teachers receive a detailed manual recounting the steps followed in the workshop so they can practice using the tools at home.
- There are no required tech skills. Beginners are welcome and we'll move at your own pace.
- Computers will be provided but teachers are welcome to bring their own.
Recertification and Graduate Credit
- Each Saturday is 7.5 of contact hours. For each Saturday, teachers will receive a certificate of attendance, which they may use to apply for recertification credits at the Colorado Department of Education.
- Teachers may also receive graduate credits from the CU Boulder School of Continuing Education (0.5 credit/day workshop). Cost is $30 per half credit in addition to the workshop fee (0.5 credit per day) to be paid to the School of Continuing Education. All workshops are grouped under one variable credit class and you will need to wait until the last workshop has been offered (mid April) to register, pay, and receive credit. Those planning to apply for graduate credits will be required to complete some follow-up work after each day workshop.
- Upon completion of the program, teachers will receive a certificate of completion and a letter listing all of the workshops completed.
Registration & Payment Information
To register for the workshops, please click register at the top of this page above the navigation bar, and create your own username and password. You will then get access to this year's schedule and will be able to register for individual workshops.
When enrolling, be sure to register for the workshops beginning with "K-12 FLTP". Please, do not skip this step. We need to know how many people are signed up!
The price is $60 per Saturday (includes coffee and snacks). Minimum attendance is 10 participants registered and paid a week prior to each workshop. Please send your payments to the following address:
Anderson Language & Technology Center
University of Colorado, Boulder
Boulder, Colorado 80309-0239
Checks should be made out to the University of Colorado at Boulder. Please add a note on your check specifying that your payment is for the K-12 FLTP and which workshop you are signing up for.
Comments from Participants
- I really enjoyed the pace and the one-on-one attention. It was nice to be able to learn about something but then have time to figure out and develop an immediate application. Best World Language Technology workshop(s) I have attended.
- I truly enjoyed the program.
- I loved it! Thank you so much. The course has made me so much more confident in using technology in the classroom. During my evaluation administration was impressed with how much technology is now present in my WL classes.
- I loved it! The days were very long, but I always learned a lot.
- This was absolutely the best professional development I have ever done! All the workshops were great and I learned so much.
- This was an amazing program!!