West African Negotiation: A Lesson in French
Negotiating prices is not a common activity in American culture. This lesson introduces negotiation in French spoken in West Africa. A student can use this lesson to prepare to visit the large Francophone world. ALTEC has developed one possible lesson plan for a teacher using three videos and an in class game to practice speaking.
- Teacher's Lesson Plan - Possible lesson plan developed by ALTEC including game instructions and weeklong plan for building up to the exercise.
- Actor Biographies - Short introductions for each of the actors including languages studied
- Shoes Negotiation Video - Example recording of French Student practicing negotiating for shoes
- Food Negotiation Video - Short authentic recording from Daphong market
- Cloth Negotiation Video - Authentic recording from Cinkassé market