Welcome to the virtual online discussion!
The online discussion will be between students at CU Boulder (CU) and students at Cenfotur in Peru taking English during the Fall 2017 semester.
In order to fully learn a language, you need interaction with the language and culture. With this project, we are trying to overcome the problem of learning another language (Spanish) in a foreign country (English speaking) in an academic setting. This project offers the students new resources to native speakers through online discussions on culture topics.
Instructors and Assistant for Project:
- Professor Nancy Bocanegra from CU
- Cenfotur Peru
- Naomi Wahls - ALTEC Consultant from CU
Students will be granted access to Canvas starting September 5:
- Week 1 (Sept 5-10) – Introductions
- Week 2 – Articles & Video discussion in Spanish
- Week 3 – Articles & Video discussion in English
- Week 4 – Articles & Video discussion in Spanish
- Week 5 – Articles & Video discussion in English
- Week 6 – Articles & Video discussion in Spanish
- Week 7 – Articles & Video discussion in English
- Week 8 – Reflection Paper & Articles Summary Paper
- I can discuss social justice in English with non-native English speakers (CU students) / with native English speakers (Cenfotur students)
- I can discuss health topics in Spanish with non-native Spanish speakers (CU students) / with native Spanish speakers (Cenfotur students)
- I can introduce myself to native speakers in their native language
Articles and Videos
Students will receive 3 articles and 2 short videos in Spanish and 3 articles in English by the first week of Nobemver for the discussion.
TO JOIN THE STUDY, PLEASE COMPLETE THIS SURVEY:
Once you complete the survey, you will receive the link to Canvas.
How to Use Canvas (Teachers)
How to Use Canvas (Students)
ALTEC staff member Naomi Wahls has started an initial research on intercultural competency through telecollaboration. This project will be a continuation of that prior research.
Feel free to email me at any time if you have any questions as a student or instructor. - firstname.lastname@example.org